NCADD’s eLearning courses in Professional Development Training for Educators are designed to bring awareness to faculty, school administrators, and other school professionals on several serious challenges facing our youth and teens today.
NCADD currently offers nine awareness courses for education professionals covering a variety of real, critical, and potentially life-threatening or life-altering issues.
All courses are continuously brought up-to-date to reflect the latest updates, trends and Department of Education and legislative mandates. Additionally, all course tests were updated to multiple choice to better evaluate participant knowledge. The following courses are available:
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Prescription Drug Overview
- HIB - Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
- Cyberbullying Primer
- Youth Suicide Awareness
- Youth Suicide Prevention
- Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect
- Educational Technology
All courses earn one (1) CEUs. To meet State requirements on Youth Suicide, both courses must be taken.
In order to maintain a healthy school environment, those entrusted with our children's educational well-being must be aware of these issues, know how to recognize a child or teen who is in danger or in need, understand the school's policies regarding each issue, and know what procedures to follow in order to report or refer each individual situation to appropriate professionals.
Each course provides current facts and figures to illustrate the severity of the topic at hand. Practical guides are provided to help educators recognize the signs and symptoms of each issue. Policies and procedures governed by New Jersey statutes and administrative code are discussed. By taking these courses and understanding the information contained in them, educators and school administrators will take a huge step toward providing a healthy school environment for all their students.
Information in these training courses is presented so that the reader can progress through the course at his or her own pace. Course navigation tools are provided that allow the reader to easily go back to any part of the course and review any information. Quizzes ensure accurate understanding of the information. Completion of the quizzes is tracked for administrators, but specific quiz scores are not reported.
The eLearning format has many advantages over traditional seminars and in-service training, including:
- Allowing teachers to take courses in a stress-free environment at their own pace, either all in one sitting, or in increments to suit their needs.
- Avoiding disruption of student learning due to teachers’ absences to attend off-site training classes.
- Minimizing the need for after-hours seminars or in-service training days, which pull teachers away from not only their academic responsibilities to their students, but from their personal lives as well.
- Reducing travel costs normally associated with training.
For additional information on NCADD's Professional Development training for educators click here.
Download our eLearning brochure Professional Development for Educators.