Carrier Clinic and NCADD are pleased to offer a remarkable event: "Addiction Throughout the Life Cycle" Summit.
Addiction has the potential to impact the entire lifecycle. As we understand more about the effects of addiction throughout the lifecycle, we can develop interventions to best serve our clients of all ages. This conference will explore topics ranging from the impact of addiction in the womb through the end of life, including fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, adolescent substance use/abuse trends, adult children of addiction, and the impact of substance abuse on older adults. Identification of diagnostic criteria and behaviors, techniques for case management, and treatment modalities for each population will be reviewed.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe and use the diagnostic criteria for any individual prenatally exposed to alcohol
- Understand and use case management techniques for individuals exposed to alcohol prenatally
- Discuss current trends of substance abuse in adolescents.
- Achieve a knowledge of how addiction in the home impacts a child's development into adulthood
- Explore the dynamics of how ACOA issues impact attempts at recovery for an adult with addiction issues.
- Understand how the life cycle is affected by addiction into the adult years
- Recognize symptoms of adverse drug reactions in Older Adults
- Identify behaviors leading to and understand causes of medication misuse.
The program offers six (6) CEU credits to nurses, addiction counselors, LPC's and more. The cost for this unique education opportunity is only $45, and includes breakfast & lunch!
Please mail your registration form and check made payable to Carrier Clinic, PO Box 147, Belle Mead, NJ 08502, attention Heather Steel. For more information, please contact Heather Steel at (908) 281-1513 or